We are excited to showcase our new summer interns! Get to know a little more about Benjamin Roberts down below.
What do you do at Counterpart?
As an intern, my project involves meeting with clients to figure out what exactly they wish for from a software side, and then I work with the other intern to develop software for our client.
What inspires you?
Seeing something new to work with.
What are two things you love about working at Counterpart?
1. I really like how free-flowing it is. I’m currently experiencing allergic reactions to something in the yard, but with the work from home opportunity, I am able to, well, work from home.
2. So far, the learning experience has been quite nice. While there are deadlines on work, it is very clear that one of Counterpart’s priorities is helping the other intern and I learn, which is very nice.
What are three words you would use to describe Counterpart?
Free-flowing, Informational, and Relaxed.
What’s something most people don’t know about you?
Due to going to secondary school there, I am a permanent resident of Canada. I was off by three weeks from being eligible to become a citizen, which kind of hurts…
Firstly, I’ve been trying to get into working out to help stay in shape. Also, I’ve been learning how to cook so that I can enjoy high quality but inexpensive food. Finally, a lot of my clothes are hand-me-downs, so I picked up sewing so that I could maintain and repair my clothes.
If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
I’ve been around the world quite a bit, to the point that I’ve visited more countries than states. As such, I’d really like to see the Pacific North West, both the American side, and the Canadian side. The weather there seems up my alley, and I’ve heard the food is really good.
If you could pick one superpower, what would it be?
Power over time would be really cool. Want to pretend you’re the Flash? Slow down time. Want to use all 24 hours in a day? Slow down time and then sleep. It has a lot of versatility in day to day life.
What are three material things you couldn’t live without?
1. Tea. While coffee is nice, nothing beats a good cup of Jasmine tea in the afternoon.
2. Good tasting food. Not to be confused with good food, if all food tasted terrible, I likely couldn’t go on.
3. Pockets/Storage on a person. I generally carry around my phone, wallet, headphones, keys, laptop, and several other things. It would be rough if I couldn’t use my pockets or a backpack to help carry things around.
What is your favorite tv show/movie and/or book?
12 Angry Men is probably my favorite movie. It’s a black and white film from 1952, and it is very interesting to me. You can probably tell I don’t watch many movies…
What is your last played song on Spotify? (No cheating!)
Puzzle Pieces by Saint Motel.
What’s the one snack we’d always find in your kitchen?
Freeze-dried Fruits. If you haven’t, try freeze-dried strawberries. They’re amazing.