It’ll be tough to top last year’s #GivingTuesday success, but WDD is thrilled to once again partner with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana and Riley Children’s Foundation for their annual end-of-year campaigns! We’ve also released a series of updates to our fundraising platform AppToGive to bolster the interactive giving experience for our partners and their audiences.
The Evolution of #GivingTuesday
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media (hence the hashtag) that takes place the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. To celebrate the sixth year of this global movement, here’s a look back at #GivingTuesday’s evolution and how WDD came to support local organizations in their fundraising efforts—
Big Brothers Big Sisters Central Indiana
This year, BBBSCI aims to engage 750 donors with the help of 250 agency ambassadors. The goal? Reduce the number of youth on BBBSCI’s mentor waitlist.
The 2017 BBBSCI #GivingTuesday line-up includes:
- Joe Hogsett, Mayor of the City of Indianapolis
- Hélio Castroneves, IndyCar driver and three-time winner of the Indianapolis 500
- Joe Gilbert, Indianapolis Colts Assistant Offensive Line Coach
- Jake Query, host of Query & Schultz on FOX Sports 975
- Kristen Cooper, CEO & Founder of The Startup Ladies
- Randy Lewandowski, General Manager of the Indianapolis Indians
- Lindy Thackston, Morning Anchor on FOX59
- Eddie White, Host of “Pacers Overtime”
- Pat Carlini, Guest News Desk-er for the Bob & Tom Show
- Darcey Palmer-Shultz, BBBSCI Chief Executive Officer
You can support BBBSCI over on their AppToGive campaign page.
Riley Children’s Foundation
Riley’s goal is to raise $100,000 this #GivingTuesday. Another $200,000 in matching funds from French Lick Resort is on the line!
These local celebrities are on board to help Riley reach their goal:
- John Andretti, NASCAR and IndyCar Driver
- Gregg Doyel, IndyStar Sports Columnist
- Blue The Mascot, Indianapolis Colts
- Cara Mund, Miss America 2018
- Craig Huse, President and Co-Owner of St. Elmo Steak House
- Rowdie The Mascot, Indianapolis Indians
- Bob Kravitz, WTHR Sports Journalist
- John Michael Vincent (JMV), Sports Radio Host
- Alexander Rossi, IndyCar Driver
- Graham Rahal, IndyCar Driver
- Joe Staysniak (Big Joe), Sports Radio Host
- Haley Begay, Miss Indiana 2017
- Amanda Starrantino, RTV6 Evening News Anchor
- Eric Halvorson, Manager of Public Affairs, Kroger Central Division
- Paul Haut M.D., Chief Operating Officer, Riley Children’s Health
To support Riley, check out their #GivingTuesday campaign page!